Saturday, December 10, 2011

Peritoneal Cancer Journey - IX


Phase IX

Wow, it is our wedding day, Black Friday 11/25/2011.  I can’t believe the day is here.  Guess all the arrangements that are needed are set, just a few errands to run and we will be all set for the ceremony.  The ceremony was at 5pm and Mother Ellen made our wedding ceremony all we dreamed of…  Over the past 6 plus years we worked tirelessly with many people to make this dream a reality…  The reception was a wonderful celebration of life.  I had an absolute blast and from talking with family and friends they all had fun too…  We planned our reception to be non-traditional… At dinner the guests started to clang the glasses…  I arose from my chair; Lynn and I had decided that we would tell the DJ that if anyone clanged the glasses they had to kiss the person on the right.  Well with visiting with everyone before dinner I forgot to mention that part to the DJ… until the clanging began…  Well the announcement of kissing the person to your right when clanging the glasses was met with laugher and resulted in a much quieter dinner…  I overhead my cousin’s wife tell their 5 year old son, well you clanged your glass now you have to kiss daddy because he is on your right…  The little boy, Massamo was like “no” that’s not how it works…  Yes, I am so glad we came up with that one…  The only other traditional thing we did at the reception was the first dance.  We met with a dancer who helped us choreograph a dance to our favorite song The Story by Brandi Carlie.  We actually love the version done by Gray‘s Anatomy cast.  It is a little peppier than Brandi’s version, which was easier for us to dance to…  The dance was a lot fun once we started, I have to laugh because we almost chicken out, but once out there we simply had FUN…  And I had fun all night, between talking with family and friends and dancing… Dancing was wonderful, feeling so much alive, normal, not a care in the world, and I was very surprised at how much energy I had…  Didn’t tucker out at all during the party.  Lynn and I were both surprise that we lasted to the end of the reception, which was midnight… 

After the reception we had our twin baby nephews spend the night with us, Joseph and Jason… They are absolutely adorable and we didn’t get any sleep.  That is perfectly okay because it is the first time we got to meet them and spend time with them.  They live out of state and we have only seen them on facebook.  Thank goodness for facebook.  It feels like we have been watching them grow since they were born 2 months ago.  Their mom, Jesse slept 8 hours straight that night.  The most she has slept since becoming pregnant with them.  We were thrilled to have spent time with them, get to know them and their personalities…  We told Jesse and Kyle, their mom and dad, we can sleep Saturday and Sunday so don’t worry about us…  It was so much fun and they are so precious.  Even seeing their bright eyes at the 3 am feeding, laughing…  It brought back memories of when Megs was that age and looking into those bright eyes at 3am thinking, oh please don’t be so awake… It is nighttime…   

Monday I had my CAT scan and blood work.  I have not had a CAT scan in over a year so I am probably over due.  With my CA-125 number increasing a bit last visit, my doctor wanted to see what if anything is going on in there.  I am feeling a bit tired right now.  My guess it is the busy weekend we had with Thanksgiving, our wedding, having our baby nephews spend the night with us.  Well Tuesday afternoon I got a call from Laurie, one of my Chemo Infusion nurses.  She informed me that my hemoglobin was down to 6.7, normal is 12 to 15…  Okay so maybe my tiredness isn’t just tied to the fun weekend we had…  Laurie said, you have be feeling it now…  I said well I am a bit more tired than usual; I just chalked it up to a crazy weekend.  I have to have another transfusion; my choice is Wednesday, or Thursday…  Oh that is not a hard decision, I will go Wednesday as Thursday as I am training someone at work who just started with us last week.  After the transfusion I will be feeling better.  So bright and early Wednesday I am at the hospital infusion clinic for my transfusion.  The nurses are remembering me from my last transfusion, which was not long ago.  I was very surprised at how I felt 20 minutes into the transfusion.  I really started to feel better.  I mentioned this to the nurse and she chuckled, she said your count was really low, and that my pulse for how low it was, was not bad.  My pressure was it’s usual 110/67.  The Doxil and Carbo regimen is tough on my red cells.  My white counts are great, Laurie said they are like 31,000.  So that is good.  In January and February of 2011 my white cell counts were low from the regimen I was on, which is partly why I caught the flu and an upper respiratory infection that took me months to get over.  My primary doctor said I have to be careful because my immune system is compromised being on chemo.  The respiratory infection left me with an asthma type condition that I had to use an inhaler for.  It didn’t get better until the weather broke, which was not until June this year…  We had such a wet; damp, rainy spring this year.  This respiratory infection left a scare in my left lung that is being watched by my doctor to make sure nothing changes.  I had a breast MRI that showed no breast cancer, but it did show a consolidation in my left lung.  When my GYN Oncologist reviewed the report he ordered a monthly chest x-ray to monitor it, said he was not concerned as my CA # at the time decreased.  So, I have had a couple of chest x-rays that showed the scare (consolidation) in my left lung and some fluid built up between my lung and lung lining.  There has been no change in the x-rays so we will see what the CAT scan shows in my chest, abdomen, and pelvic area…  I am still re-affirming my increase is due to the Reiki treatment I had…  We will find out the results during my visit, which will be 12/13.  Coming up soon…  I am always nervous before my Doctor’s visit after a CAT scan…  I know being a bit nervous is completely normal with the unknown of the results.  I focus on how good I feel, not symptomatic, only wish I have besides being cancer free is my endurance, that it would be better.  I do get frustrated that I have to acknowledge my physical limits and honor them to keep me strong and healthy.  So I nap or rest that allows me to do what I want to do…  After the holidays Lynn and I want to mall walk 2-3 times a week that should help…  Plus all those sales…  Oh my, our poor check book will get a work out too…

No comments: